Jim Vantyghem

New Position, New Journey

Greetings,

It has been a while since I have posted any information and based on a new position I have acquired within the company I work for, I wanted to begin sharing ideas, experiences and solicit advice where possible and applicable.

At present, I am responsible to maintain and continuously improve the utilization of an existing CMMS system for 13 plants. This endeavor involves working with an existing software program and approximately 6 to 7 yrs. of meaningless information and what I would consider unfavorable data collection and software usage practices.

In order to move forward a massive paradigm shift in thinking is going to be required. Obviously this is going to take a lot of work and time but most certainly worth it.

I have spent a fair bit of time reviewing information on Reliability Centered Maintenance and for those of you who have done the same and continue to do so, I am sure you will be overwhelmed at times.

In short, many RCM authors say/write the same information but may use different words and this is the common thread I like to look for. After attending the CMRP course,  I found that Erik’s information spoke the most to my needs and thus I am using his site to record my current implementation efforts

Look forward to interacting with all of you and more to follow.

Have a great day.

Jim Vantyghem

Welcome back @Jim Vantyghem and congratulations with the new role! Looking forward to reading more about your journey, the challenges and how you intend to solve them.