Test ×
Raul Martins

Equipment maintenance history: What is the current situation of your maintenance records?

Hi all,

An effective maintenance management process relies on KPI’s and best practices. In order to improve our results, keeping good records of past maintenance tasks, which includes corrective, preventive or predictive tasks, is crucial to make it possible.

When regularly maintained, it helps to identify failure patterns and their solutions for each case. In addition, it allows you to make predictions about upcoming events that may happen on the production line.

Based on your maintenance history, you can understand what are the best strategies to prevent errors from recurring and, of course, to optimize the work of technicians.

Nevertheless, if you lack data in your records, this might lead to make mistakes or make decisions that would not bring any positive results at all. In other words, this might result in totally unwanted consequences.

What has been said here so far is not new for any M&R professional; however, finding companies with very poor maintenance history, is definitely not a hard task.

So this week’s question is:

What is the current situation of your maintenance records?

Tell us if your plant keeps a good track of recent maintenance tasks, why do you think many companies struggle to properly keep their maintenance records and how you think this could be improved!

Regards,

Raul Martins

Hi Raul,

most clients who have using ADempiere ERP need this information's, (example -for switch breakers is important work period (1,2,3.. years) with different power and so on)

I m catch from SQL oracle XE database information from sales orders/maintenance orders and I m select sales order lines, product, business partners, date created and I got return information from database about duplicate products on different sales(maintenance) order per business partners/assets and different created dates, and when date 2-date 1 < 100 [days]  this switch breakers from this producers is not good and purchase orders in future purchase process need to jump this kind of products.  I have more complex SQL query that give very usefully info about products and reliability. This is one of good side of open ERP solutions. (some my clients were prefer switch breakers from some XYZ switch breaker suppliers and repeat that technician didtn fix in right way this switch but after 20-30 incident with 30-45 days of replacement  he change this kind of switch breaker (220V, 50Hz 10A, automatic up to 3 minutes- for lights)

From left side of pic is database and SQL commands I have using as extend of reporting, rigtht side is ADempiere erp - maintenance order (completed from BOM and workflows and dates)

Gordan

history_products.png

Hi @Gordan,

Having solid records and being able to create different reports is something really important for an ERP, as it results in more efficiency when it comes to data analysis. Congratulations!

Regards,

Raul Martins

Hi Raul, thank you for reply, just to extend above product/assets meaning - what is assets : first step ERP consultants need to define is assets and set-up ERP - in my above example assets=building and have (facility management - staircase switches with timer up to 20 minutes - for common lights, other circuit breakers, elevators with components .... etc) assets can be car with service on every 10000/50000 km, assets can be machines in factory ... etc and asset can connect to the costs.

SQL command are very usefully and easy, other way is complicated iReports tools that can integrated with ERP Adempiere and re-build installation code for integrations and future reports using- but I have use this simple method SQL directly to the database 🙂