Test ×
Raul Martins

What triggers your best?

Hi all,

For this week’s topic, we will be talking about something that makes a huge difference on our daily routines: motivation.

Feeling passionate for what you do is definitely one of the best ways to outperform.

However, that is not all. In addition to working with passion, there are things that can trigger higher levels of motivation and performance. Such triggers can be a good salary, receiving positive feedback when accomplishing tough tasks, or having autonomy to do your work.

There is not a recipe to motivate people, as those triggers vary from individual to individual. 

We listed below a few factors that can motivate you:

-    A clear progression path;
-    Recognition;
-    Autonomy;
-    Working environment;
-    Learning and development;
-    Salary.

So, what motivates you? From the factors mentioned above, could you classify the one that motivates you the most to the one that motivates you less?

Regards,
Raul Martins

• Like 1

What Motivates Me?

RECOGNITION.

In any organization, I work best when managers and co-workers see my worth and value what I contribute. When I do something outstanding or achieve a tough task, being recognized is very important to me. It is not always that rewards are solely monetary, but verbally supporting what I achieved boosts my work ethic and attitude towards my work and future tasks. Written appraisals motivate me so much and I remember 1 organization I worked for which appraised their entire staff annually. You will find that the departments were always meeting targets and going beyond given tasks. That act of recognition outweighed the monetary part as this gave me a spirit and attitude of ownership of my company. Lastly, openness as regards to the company performance motivates me to do more for my company. Whether we made a profit or loss, the fact that it was communicated to members of staff like me makes me feel important and part and parcel of what is going on in the business.

Onias.

• Like 1

Hi @Oniastm7,

Great reply! Recognition is really important to keep anyone motivated, and I think it works side by side with a solid feedback. When we achieve a solid result, receiving a positive feedback followed by a recognition, that can be written, or verbal for example keeps us on track of doing similar actions to achieve more positive results. On the other hand, when we do a task that does not achieve the expectations, receiving a solid feedback is important not only to let us aware of what has gone wrong, but also to make us think about our mistakes and improve our attitude.

Regards,

Raul Martins

• Like 1

A challenge that must be solved. I have a passion for teaching and solving problems. The former is often required as a part of the latter. Anytime I share some information I feel good. It's gratifying to be recognized for what I do, but more importantly, it's fulfilling to help others.

• Like 2

If you have ever had an opportunity to watch the series "UNDER COVER BOSS". Take note as to the common theme of what is said but almost all of the participants. It is in knowing that one's efforts are actually noticed and recognized / acknowledged as such.

• Like 1