Test ×
Raul Martins

Free Sources Of Knowledge

Hi all,

For this week's topic we have something a bit different.

Instead of a M&R related topic to discuss and share our thoughts, we will be sharing some free sources of knowledge.

Developing skills is key in a globalized market, especially in crisis times, keeping an eye on what is going on can make a huge difference.

For this reason, studying has become more important than ever. However, on tough times like this, budgeting money for a new uni degree, or that specific course that you want might not be an option for everyone.

Thinking about this, I decided to share some free sources of knowledge that anyone can use to develop those skills that you want and/or need.

Here they go:

edX - It is an online platform for education and learning. Founded by globally known the Universities of Harvard and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), it is home of 2,500+ courses, offering free courses without certificate and paid options if you are looking for a certificate for you CV.

Link: www.edx.org

Coursera - Similar platform to edX, offering thousands of options of courses to develop skills in different areas of knowledge. It offers some free options without certificate, and scholarship programs depending on you financial situation.

Link: https://www.coursera.org

Harvard Online Courses - a specific Harvard platform with several free courses. You can filter by duration, difficulty, subject area and more.

Link: online-learning.harvard.edu/catalog/free

Have you guys used any of the platforms above? 

Do you have any other free sources of knowledge to recommend?

Regards,

Raul Martins

I have used edX previously for some AWS courses that were very good.

While not free I have used the website udemy to develop a number of skills releating to PLC programming, C++ programming and even excel forms sheets. 

Udemy is definitly worth checking out.

• Like 1

Thanks Raul for sharing these free resources, much appreciated. The Future of Work is changing and requires learning new skills

You are welcome guys!

I will have a look at Udemy as well.

My Excel skills are quite basic and it is something that I am looking forward to improving. Making Macros can be quite handy sometimes and that is something that I struggle with.

Thanks for sharing @Hadwll!