@JvB welcome on board Victor, looking forward to reading more about your activities and thoughts about predictive maintenance.

Hi everyone,

My name is Avin and I recently graduated with an undergraduate degree in Mechanical Engineering. I am currently part of a leadership development program focused on Maintenance and Reliability at a Fortune 500 company in the Dallas, Texas area.

I spent close to a year of the program as a Maintenance Supervisor, where I found that too much of my time was taken up either sitting behind a desk staring at a computer screen all day doing administrative work, or having to rush out to the field when a major reactive failure occurred. I rarely got the opportunity to go out with my planner and actually help plan and schedule jobs out on the field.  Truth be told, I was not a fan at all of the reactive nature of the job.

Now, I am going through a rotation as a reliability engineer, and am loving every second of it. Mainly, I love some of the predictive tools we use on a day-to-day basis to catch potential failures from even occurring (vibration, ultrasound, etc.). One of my goals that I am hoping to accomplish before I complete my rotation in reliability is to implement a continuous vibration monitoring system on certain equipment that is prone to frequent changes in the severity of its vibrations. Currently, we have two technicians that manually take vibration readings from every piece of equipment we have, and I think it would help our data collection and analysis tremendously to have a system that is continuously monitoring the data (can get instant feedback on how any changes to the process are affecting the equipment, better trending to see how long we have had severe vibration levels, etc.). If anyone has any experience with setting up such a system, I would love to hear any feedback!

Thank you for allowing me to be a part of this community, and I hope I can contribute more as I continue to learn!

• Like 1

Hi everyone, 

I'm Guessous Soufiane, I have 7 years of experience in maintenance.

Currently, I'm head of the railway infrastructure and civil Engineering works maintenance department at the Moroccan railway Company (ONCF).

I'm very passionate about infrastructure maintenance and especially about digital transformation in this field. 

• Like 1

Thanks Mr.Erik for your invitation.

I am Noor khan from Pakistan. I have 14 years and plus experience in Maintenance and Operation in Marine and power sector. And I hope everyone in this forum help each other by sharing the experience and knowledge.

• Like 1

Hi Everyone,

Muhammad Ifrahim Awan here, currently working in oil & gas services multinational company in Saudi Arabia. We provide many services which includes Scaffolding, Refractory, Insulation & fire proofing, Painting, Specialized coatings, Composite Application.

I am currently heading Composite application department in KSA, which provides services for rehabilitation of pipelines onshore & offshore, structures onshore & offshore, industrial equipment's (vessels, heat ex-changer's, valves etc) using Composite Material.

Hope this forum will be informative for all.

• Like 1

Hi eric "I am a big fan of yours"

My name is ahmed salem jeireb I am Mauritanian and I spent 25 years in public works, working in repair and maintenance then cross planning and scheduling, I am currently working at MAN MAURITANIE.
I am very interested in the articles you write on the maintenace.

Edited by jeireb
  • Like 1

Hi everyone,

Waqar Ahmed Kahloon. 

Skilled Electrical Supervisor. 

Pakistan. 

Doing job as an Operations & Maintenance Supervisor (Electrical) at Islamabad International Airport, Islamabad (Pakistan) 

Have experience more than 5 years in Installation, Operations and maintenance and Technical Documentation. I haven't been working with a large and complex organisation so I have no idea how they managed. I have experience with Subcontractor Companies. 

I have, 

Successfully managed a Project as a Site Manager, Electrical Execution Testing and Commissioning work namely (BESTWAY Cement Limited Farooqia, 6000TPD Cement Plant Project PKR 32.7 Million) 

Including, 

Earthing, Transformers, Cables, Cable Trays, Concealed and open Conduits, Lighting, DCS System, Fire Alarm System, Air Conditioning, Inspections, Testing and Commissioning, Complete Documentation. 

Successfully managed a project as a Site Manager, Electrical Execution Testing and Commissioning work namely (Islamabad International Airport Project worth PKR 165.2 Million) 

Including, 

Earthing, Lightning Protection, Transformers, Generators, Concealed and open Conduits, Lighting, Cable Trays, UFT, IBMS System, Fire Alarm System, DDC System, Security System, Door Access System, Baggage Handling System, Passenger Boarding Bridges (PBB), Lift Management System, ELV Stations, Testing and Commissioning. 

I was, 

Electrical Supervisor before my promotion in same company at Airport Project and i was leading a 25 Skilled and Unskilled persons especially for the different areas and different works related to Electrical mentioned above. 

I have served as Lead Man in another small Subcontractor company at Airport Project, where I was leading only a few peoples hardly 6, my responsibilities was limited and I was also so that's why I was moved to another Subcontractor company at same project where I have started my career as a Resourceful Electrical Supervisor. 

Before this i have served an Textile Organisation as a Senior Technician (Operations and Maintenance) namely (Artistic Milliners (Pvt.) Limited, Karachi (Pakistan) for the 9 Months & another Textile Industry namely Ruby Textiles (Pvt.) Limited, Lahore (Pakistan) as a Electrician. 

I have also started my career from this company as a Electrical Helper and after 2 months I was Promoted as a shift Electrician. 

Itsmy complete and detailed Introduction for and on behalf of myself. 

Feel free for any questions about my work, job and life. 

Thanks 

• Like 1

Good morning all.

My name is Philip Ball. I work for Network Rail Asset Information as a Measurement Systems Maintenance Engineer.

I help to repair, maintain and calibrate the numerous measurement systems on board our fleet of yellow test trains. I'm specifically responsible for the S&C MPV which surveys track geometry within stations etc.

I have been responsible for overseeing the implementation of a structured maintenance program to allow systems maintenance during vehicle PPM downtime. The adoption of this method of working has synchronised our measurement systems maintenance with the actual vehicle maintenance by our current maintenance partner. The benefits of this have been huge. Vehicle maintenance staff have quickly become used to our attendance and this has helped both parties appreciate this vital  interface and our joint responsibilities to an even greater depth.

We have seen a decrease in the number of faults and also enjoy a more efficient cross-party collaboration for specific maintenance and calibration tasks. System downtime has been significantly reduced and the availability of the entire fleet has shown remarkable improvement as a result.

• Like 3

Welcome @Philip Ball, sounds like you had a massive win with that new structured maintenance program! Congratulations, always great to hear these kind of stories... what's next?

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Erik Hupje said:

Welcome @Philip Ball, sounds like you had a massive win with that new structured maintenance program! Congratulations, always great to hear these kind of stories... what's next?

Retirement - probably :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1

Hey all,

Looking forward to a strong community that can help each other.  Check my profile and linked for details, I won't type it all over again.  Tons to learn and happy to be here.  I have a broad experience base (Controls to Ops to Maintenance to Training) but always looking to learn more.

Regards,

Phil

• Like 2

Welcome @Phil , certainly a broad experience from Union Carbide to American Profol. What is your biggest challenge in your new role?

Hi 

Thanks Erik for this good initiative. 

I Look forward for a good professional extchanges. 

•  
  • Like 1

Hi and Thank you Mr. Erik for the kind invitation the pleasure is mine .
My name is Mazin M Albagir , I'm a graduate of Aeronautical Engineering BSc , currently i work as a Technical Services and Development Engineer , Sudan - Khartoum Airport . I'm very interested to learn more practices and strategies of Maintenance Cost, Reliability and Effective Maintenance Programs 

• Like 1