Erik Hupje

Who has passed the CMRP exam?

I am very curious to know:

Who has passed the CMRP exam?

What did you think about the exam?

What were the trickiest questions? 

Hi Erik, I have passed it in 2015. My membership have lapsed now and I didn't renew it as it is not widely recognized here in Malaysia, and the courses to get the points are not as easy to get locally. If memory serves me right, the exam itself was not extremely difficult, as it was just a couple of hours worth of exam to regurgitate what you have (or should have) listened to after a 3 day presentation/course. I guess the trickiest ones are the definitions

Have you attended the CMRP?

Hi @Jefferson Voo congratulations on passing the CMRP exam. Shame that you had to let the certification lapse, there are actually many ways you can accumulate the required 50 hours.

I did indeed sit and pass the CMRP exam back in Aug 2016. I did it without attending a course and relied on my own experience, which was fine. I did find that a number of questions were very much based around US terminology and that did confuse me a couple of times.

• Like 1

Hi @Erik Hupje, thanks and congratulations to you too! Your feat was even more impressive! As in the course, back then at least, if you have listened to the presenters, it should have been quite easy as I guess they want to boost their reputation with higher passing % of attendees. I guess the main reason I let it lapsed is due to perceived lack of advantages in my current situation.

• Like 2

Hi @Erik Hupje, I have passed It in 2013 in Colombia and renewed It in 2016, the next year I have to renew It again. I think the exam is easy if you work at maintenance and prepare It. What do you think about to share our results in order to know our strengths?

• Like 3

Hi @Camilo Baez congratulations with the CMRP and I agree if you have decent experience in the field of maintenance & reliability the exam is not hard. Please feel free to share results, I'm not sure if I still have mine but I did feel that they were not representative of my strengths and weaknesses e.g. I got a couple of very simple CBm questions and scored quite high in that area but had some very weirdly worded questions relating to planning & scheduling (incl. some very North-American terminology that I was not familiar with at the time) and I scored relatively low there. I know for a fact it should be the other way round

• Like 1

I didn’t have to go through gruelling exercises to prepare my CMRP exam but I simply downloaded REMOVED from (REMOVED). I simply prepared all the topics from this concise study material. It was surprising for me to see the same questions in the final test I found in this expertly written guide. I am really impressed by the experts’ effort on REMOVED and suggest all the candidates to use this PDF file. Interestingly, I was guaranteed for my success which has been fulfilled now. I am very happy for my right selection and results.

16 hours ago, aaronashley said:

I didn’t have to go through gruelling exercises to prepare my CMRP exam but I simply downloaded REMOVED from (REMOVED). I simply prepared all the topics from this concise study material. It was surprising for me to see the same questions in the final test I found in this expertly written guide. I am really impressed by the experts’ effort on REMOVED and suggest all the candidates to use this PDF file. Interestingly, I was guaranteed for my success which has been fulfilled now. I am very happy for my right selection and results.

@aaronashley Thanks for your comment, but I have to admit I am a bit suspicious that your first post in the forum is to recommend what I believe to be a production of questionable quality. I have therefore removed the links and references to this product. Unless we hear some more from you I will proceed to remove this post completely.

I haven't take the test... but not sure how reknowned is this certification. At least in Spain, i have never heard of it, and I have been working in Maintenance for about 12 years.  I'm more used to hear about PMP for project managers than this one.... but maybe it can be worthy.... anyone has any material for preparing it? as Eirk was saying, i can trust my experience, but US terminologies can make the test tricky.

@Derek Brown I believe there are some sample questions in the SMRP material, but other than that, I am not aware of any study questions. there is one organisation out there who say they have a CMRP study guide with questions and when you search in google you'll come across them, but I do not trust the quality of their material. That said a new book was recently released titled "Maintenance and Reliability Certification Exam Guide" by Nathan Wright and you can find it on Amazon but I have no idea how good it is or whether it is good preparation for the actual CMRP exam.